We often talk about the empowerment of the women, but it is only possible if the women of India can get the conveyance of moving out of the home and work independently.
In most cases, women cannot come out and can’t run their own business because they have no means of conveyance.
But glory came with the launch of the Amma scooty yojana. Many women are not aware of the Amma two wheeler scheme.
Read below to know each detail of the amma scooty yojana and how to apply amma two wheeler scheme application form.
What is aAmma two wheeler scheme?
Amma Two Wheeler Scheme was launched by the Tamil Nadu Govt working women of the state. This scheme aims to empower working women.
By making them able to buy their own friendly two-wheelers to ease their commute. With the launch of the amma two wheeler scheme, it will benefit the one lakh women population of the state.
Those women who are interested in getting the advantage of the amma scooty yojana will get the subsidy of 50% of the cost of the two-wheelers or Rs.25,000.
It will depend on the price whichever is less will be paid by the state government of Tamil Nadu under the amma two wheeler scheme so that the women can get the brand new motorized gearless / auto-geared two-wheeler.
The engine capacity of the scooty under the amma scooty yojana should not exceed 125cc. The beneficiary will bear rest of the cost of the scooty besides the subsidy through a bank/institutional loan or her fund.
Amma two wheeler scheme latest news
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has relaunched the amma two wheeler scheme in the year 2018. Edappadi K Palaniswami announced the Amma scooty yojana.
Check the amma two wheeler scheme latest news and update, amma two wheeler scheme last date in the table below:
|1||Name||Amma Two Wheeler Scheme|
|2||Announced By||Edappadi K Palaniswami|
|3||Area of Operation||Rural and Urban areas|
|5||Beneficiaries number||over 1 lakh|
|6||Subsidy Amount||50% (25000/-)|
|7||Starting date of Subsidy||Birth anniversary of Amma Jayalalitha 24 Feb|
|8||Beneficiary Audience||Women from the age group 18 to 40 years|
|9||Special Guest||PM Narendra Modi|
How to Apply Amma Two Wheeler Scheme?
Under the amma two wheeler scheme, the state government of Tamil Nadu will give financial assistance to the needy women of the state who run a business in the state.
The women who want to get access to their personal transport system can apply for the Amma Scooty yojana.
This will make the process of traveling easier for the working women of the state.
If you want to know how to apply amma two wheeler scheme, you have to get the essential documents and fulfill the eligibility conditions set for the scheme.
Besides this, you have to fill the Amma two wheeler scheme form.
Documents Required for Amma Two Wheeler Application Form
You should be having the following documents to attach along with the amma two wheeler scheme application form. If you want to get the advantage of the scheme.
- Proof for Age/ DOB certificate
- Proof for Residence such as voter card, Driving License, Aadhar Card
- Income Certificate
- Aadhaar card.
- Proof of Educational Qualification
- Passport size photograph of the applicant of amma scooty yojana.
- Community Certificate/ Caste certificate (in case of SC/ST category).
- Differently Abled Identity Card issued by a competent authority in case of disability of the women candidate.
- Vehicle Quotation/Pro-forma invoice
How to apply Amma two wheeler scheme?
Eligibility criteria for amma two wheeler scheme form
As mentioned earlier, only the women are eligible to fill the amma two wheeler scheme form. There are certain conditions for the women who can apply for the amma scooter yojana.
- The applicant should be the permanent resident of Tamil Nadu state.
- The age of the women applying for amma scooter should be between 18 to 40 years.
- Only the women who have the Driving license either permanent or learning, can apply.
- The income should not be more than 2.5 lac annually.
- She should have appeared (passed/ failed) for the class 8th.
- Preference will be given to the women working in the remote places, hilly areas,women-headed households, unmarried, deserted women or the widows, differently abled women or the women from backward class can fill amma two wheeler scheme form.
Also See: Top 10 Scooty in India 2019
|1||Schedule Caste (SC)||21%|
|2||Schedule Tribes (ST)||1%|
Steps to fill Amma two wheeler scheme application form
Women can make amma two wheeler scheme application form through an online website. As the application is available to fill the amma scooty yojana form directly.
You can also download the amma two wheeler scheme application form from the official site.
The links for the amma two wheeler scheme application are available on the official site http://www.tamilnadumahalir.org/tnatws.html
There are different types of Amma two wheeler scheme application form you will come across on the official website of the amma scheme of Tamil Nadu. Check the points as follows:
- Urban Amma Two Wheeler Scheme Application Form
- Rural Amma Two Wheeler Scheme Application Form
- Subsidy Release Claim Amma Two Wheeler Scheme Form
- Field Verification Amma Two Wheeler Scheme Form
- Then the beneficiaries can fill in the details in the Amma two-wheeler scheme application form.
- You have to fill in the application form are your details such as name, husbands name, and address, contact details, martial details.
- Submit the duly filled amma scooty yojana form to the respective office of respective Block offices /
Urban Local Bodies nearby you.
As if you fulfill all the above conditions, then you are eligible. The has to buy the vehicle from her fund. Later she can claim by filling the Subsidy Release Claim Amma Two Wheeler Scheme Form.
The subsidy will be released to your bank account directly after the purchase of vehicle and submission of proof of registration.
You can also apply for the loan the Amma two wheeler application form will be sent to the bank or vehicle financing company as per her choice.